5.21.2008

The day my life changed...

It was a pretty normal Monday morning.

Then my phone's text message alarm chimed.

It was a birthmother we've been talking to for a couple months informing me that her and her baby's dad chose Mark and I to parent her baby.

I immediately began shaking and crying. Was this moment really happening??

We are going to be parents. There are barely words to describe how that feels. We feel immensely blessed that we were chosen by this amazing birthmother. We're thrilled to have them as a part of our future family. We're humbled at God's grace.

I'm sure there are a lot of questions because we JUST started our process. Most of you have read that it takes almost a year to get approved through our agency. Our case is totally different because we were an "identified" situation. Through and through it's been a total "God thing" which sounds like a cheesy thing to say but there is no way we could of orchestrated this!

Needless to say, it will be a whirlwind 3 months in our lives. We're expecting our SON (yes, it's a boy...WOOT) in early September. Stay tuned for more....

~future mama Ash

21 comments:

Joy Armstrong said...

WOOHOO!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is extremely wonderful...God has blessed you two. I have boy clothes for you to borrow!

Melba said...

WOW WOW WOW, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

As a fellow prospective adoptive mom, I can only imagine the excitement/anticipation you must feel right now. I wish you all the best as the story unfolds...I will definitely be keeping track!

Melba

Erin said...

Congratulations! That is so great. I can't wait to "hear" more.

BecMama said...

God is so Good. Always good. Congrats to you future Mama and Daddy. We are so excited for you and will be ready to have some play dates!

Unknown said...

Still smiling for you guys!

Oh, and did Chris tell you I teared up when you told me. :) Yep, we're pretty excited for you and Mark!

Jake and Emily said...

Wow! I had no idea you might be expecting a call! :)

Boys are BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on your good news & keeping you, Mark, e-parents, & baby in my prayers!

Kristin said...

Holy Moly! I had no idea it was already happening like this! Wow! God is good...we'll keep this process in our prayers and for your soon to be little man! Oh, I'm gonna cry...so exciting!

Soapchick said...

Came over from Lost and Found. Congratulations!! Fabulous news.

Heather said...

What an exciting moment! Best wishes for the wait ahead.

alicia said...

YAY!!!! CONGRATS!! found your blog through lost and found! Just wanted to say a yuppee for you and DH!

Meghan said...

HURRAY!!!! What exciting news. Congrats to you and your husband!

N7 said...

WHAT? WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT? OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG WHAT HUGE NEWS WHAT HUGE HUGE NEWS OMG I AM HYSTERICAL FOR YOU I CANT BELIEVE IT! CONGRATULATULATIONS CONGRATULATIONS!!! I dont know what else to say I am just doing flips when I saw this announcement!!! I am rolling with excitement! YOU ARE HAVING A BABY BOY!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

Courtney Hope said...

WHAT!!!!!!????? I love it... Congratulations Hustads... what fabulous parents you will be. And I LOVE that it is a boy. Perfect.. absolutely perfect.

What's his name?

Margo the Fish said...

oh my gosh, this is so exciting! i'm so happy for you guys!!!!

Mama Bear said...

So So Aweseome!!!! Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that! What an amazing story! Congratulations!

Tiffany said...

Congrats congrats congrats!! What a wonderful way to start your new life!

I cant wait to hear (read) more!

I love reading your blog!

TIffany

Sara said...

Ooooh Ash. There are no words...except that I am so happy for you. Can't wait to watch the journey unfold. xxoo

CJ said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations! I'm so excited and happy for you all. You both will be amazing parents. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers during this new chapter of your lives. Hooray for a new son! :)

Tracey said...

CONGRATULATIONS! WHEN IS THE BABY DUE!!!