3.25.2010

Low Tank

My tank is running very low.
Work has been extremely busy for both of us.
Our schedules have been overflowing.
Declan has been sick with a cold turned ear infection. This lovely infection caused us all to get very little sleep this week.

More than anything my tank is running low with my husband. We've been ships passing the last few months. He's busy, I'm busy, Declan fills every millisecond of our lives.

So, I'm super uber excited to attend a marriage conference with Mark this weekend. 

Just Mark and I--no toddlers, no clients needing my time, no interruptions. We even booked a hotel that happens to be 5 minutes from our house. Dorks, I know. So, cheers to making it through these next 2 days of craziness and on to weekend of tank filling. 

Through the tears and tantrums this ear infection created, there was a bright moment this weekend when Declan got to run around the park with his cousin. Aren't they too precious? 

4 comments:

Amber D. said...

Hey, I'm jealous- that conferance sounds like so much fun. We thought of it last year but have never been.

My friends are heading to Lincoln to go though!

Enjoy your time together!

Simply Complex said...

Ugh, I hate it when The Tank is low. When that happens to hubs and I, we don't fight, but we don't talk much either. Which sucks. Nothing makes you feel like you are living with a roommate instead of a husband more than times like that. At least it passes though- and maybe you will get a head start on some progress it this weekend.

p.s. I love that you booked a hotel even though you will be near the house. May as well do it right, right???

Rebekah said...

I understand how you feel. Especially on the marriage front. Yah! to refueling the love boat :)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Sorry to hear things have been so crazy. That is awesome that you're going/went to a marriage conference though...we went to one last weekend too...such a great way to spend your time! Hope things calm down for y'all soon and Declan's ears are doing better. :)