9.21.2010

I feel like everyone should know...

...about chicken tacos. Yes, seriously. They are THE BEST.

Add this to your "easy and uber delicious" list.

Chicken Tacos
-pour a packet of fajita seasoning in bottom of crock pot
-add 3 raw chicken breasts
-dump in a can of rotel
-add 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup olive oil
*Work against the desire to stir. Just sit and let it cook for 2.5-3 hours on high (or until chicken is cooked)*
-remove and shred chicken
-add back in to the juice goodness for 30 more minutes

We make soft tacos with beans, cheese, lettuce, sr cream and avocado. The next day it makes yummy taco salads- plop on top of lettuce, add a little salsa and sour cream, black beans, etc. 

So EASY so MMMM MMM- every time. 

Your welcome. :)

9 comments:

Jess said...

Agree. This is one of our favorites. I don't eat hamburger so it's the perfect taco imo! :)

Christy said...

Sounds super yummy, can't wait to try it!

Maya's Musings said...

Yum!! Thanks, totally gonna try it :)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

This sounds SOOO good...totally making it for dinner tomorrow night! Thanks so much for sharing...I've been looking for some crockpot recipes.

christy | brides to booties said...

I was at a loss for what to make for dinner tonight. I love crockpot recipes and this is right up our alley! I'll be running home at lunch to dump everything in the crockpot!

Thanks and feel free to share away any other recipes you love!

happymomof4 said...

I just tried something similar, however I made chicken enchiladas:) I just seasoned the chicken a little, poured in a little enchilada sauce and a little water and let it cook away. Then when chicken was cooked, shredded the chicken and left it in the pot till time to make the enchilada.YUMMO! I too LOVE crock pot recipes. Tonight I am taking pork seasoned, with a little water added and letting it cook till done. Then shredding the pork and pouring bbq sauce on it:) Hoping it turns out good.

Anonymous said...

The hubs is putting this in the crockpot as I type!

Shauna said...

i want to make these! but am super stupid and don't know what a can of rotel is! can you tell me?

Breen said...

You'll find rotel in the diced tomato aisle.

We made this tonight for dinners this week. But I tasted it tonight and it was so yummy!

I'm seriously trying the pumpkin muffins this week.