3.28.2013

Two down...

Almost 3 years ago I made this post about Declan losing his battle with the wood floor and knocking out a tooth. I was SO SAD that day but his snaggle tooth quickly grew on us and fit perfectly with his quirky personality. Over the years the snaggle got knocked more than a handful of times and has been changing color. So I shouldn't have been surprised when, at our 6 month check up, we found out his tooth was infected. I freaked out! They wanted to pull it right then and there and I wasn't ready. You see, I had bad pediatric dentistry experiences and I wanted to scoop Declan up, go home and prepare him for the "big pull". The dentist encouraged me that it was no.big.deal.

So guess what? It was no.big.deal. Declan was hopped up on laughing gas and had to be told the tooth was out. He got his first visit from the tooth fairy (actually Mr Tooth Fairy forgot to place the cash but fortunately Mrs Tooth Fairy had a coughing attack at 5am and remembered to check). He is so proud of his "two missing tooth-es". I thought he couldn't get any cuter but.....

No comments: