7.28.2008

Nursery progress and mojitos...

This weekend was another productive one on the "baby prep" front but also a blast on the social front.  We registered at Target on Saturday (probably the highlight of my husband's life...not) and went out with family and friends to our favorite restaurant for drinks and dinner. As we walked to our car, we discussed the "drop everything and go" outings will take a little more planning with a little one. We're determined to still maintain our social lives post-baby. So, if you have kids and you're laughing at me, check in later and we'll do a progress check. Ha!

I worked most of the day Sunday but we (I mean-Mark) did manage to set up the crib. 

It's so fun to see my "vision" come together. Here is a progress shot of our nursery. We know that the dogs will eventually need to move to the basement. :( We'll do it soon and the room will feel huge!
We just LOVE our modern crib. It was well worth the wait for BabyMod to manufacture more (they were sold out for months and months):
Our good friends C & M came over for some chill time with pitcher of the best mojitos I've ever had. They also gave me a "mommy gift"...a super cute diaper bag! I love it! M knows my taste. :) Here's the cute-o bag:

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

LOVE the room so far. It's so modern, yet so warm! The rich tones against the white really pop!! I love it so much it makes me want to change mine...but then I remember all the work I put into mine already--guess I'll keep it :). Can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

I really love the room. The colors look great.

Meghan said...

The room looks great!

And I am determined to keep our social life too. I come from a family where the babies go out and join in all activities, so it's just more the norm for me. I made sure to get a stroller that is big enough she can sleep in...and has a front tray to entertain her ;) It can be done!

Beck said...

The nursery is amazing! I want that crib! I am so excited you put pictures up! :) Way to go!

jess hustad said...

i really like the final paint color! and i really like you! muah!

Tracey said...

Great job on the crib!!! Room is looking good!

Deb said...

Looks great! I really like the bag. You'd never know it was a diaper bag.

Natalie said...

About the social thing...we now have three and go on more dates than alot of married friends without children. We made the decision to stay social and keep traveling even after children. Lot of the time we just bring them with us but we also make time for the two of us. You guys will be great mama and daddy!