Since I'm sick (see previous post) and can't stop coughing (and therefore can't sleep), I thought I'd post a fun little survey.
1. Did you kiss anyone?
2. Did you date anyone?
Had some fun dates with my hubby...mostly in our pre-Declan days.
3. Are you going to kiss someone when the ball drops?
Well, I'm on antibiotics and Mark just got a flu or something so I'm sure we'll skip the kiss this year.
4. Did you lose any friends?
I didn't really lose any friends, just lost touch with some.
5. Did you gain any friends?
6. Did you do something new?
Motherhood is definitely new to me but there were a lot of new things that came along with our adoption that were so new too.
7. Did anyone important to you die?
Yes, my grandpa-in-law. *edited later to add...I'm an idiot...grandpa died in 2006*
8. Did you change?
For sure!! We started the year out starting back at fertility treatments after a break from it all. We've gone through tons of ups and downs with that and have come out of it all with a beautiful adopted son. I've changed in many ways- I learned how selfless motherhood is and that's changed me a ton. I've also learned that my our family can be built without our DNA and be just as fabulous. (I'm working on a post about that later...)
9. Are you happy with the year over all?
Again, there were ups and downs but I'm definitely happy about '08.
10. Whats the best thing that happened to you?
11. Did you fall in or out of love?
In love for sure. Never knew I could feel this way about someone. I've also fallen more in love with Mark...he's an amazing daddy.
12. Are you happy the year's almost over?
I guess. I feel old now. Graduated high school in 2000 and now it's almost '09. Yikes!
13. Are you going to change something about yourself next year?
YES! I need to start working out again. I feel like a ball of flabby fatness.
14. Do you think 2009 will be a better year than 2008?
15. Did you go on a vacation?
Not really. Even though I consider our yearly family trip to a nearby state park a vacation, it really isn't. We also went 4 hours West of here for adoption classes. Again- not a vacation. :) I'd love to take one in '09.
16. Did you lie to your parents?
17. Did you get into a fight?
Unfortunately some verbal fights.
18. Did you leave the country?
19. Did you have a good birthday?
Yes! I was a new mom (of 2 days) walking on the clouds (joy + no sleep).
20. Did anyone in your family get married?
Yes! My bro-in-law got married to an incredible woman and my sis-in-law married a great guy as well. *edited later to add that I have 4 brain cells left b/c both of these weddings were in '07*
21. Do you think you grew?
My waistline did.
22. Did you dye your hair?
Once or twice.
23. Who do you think you were on the phone with the most?
My mom and dad.
24. Did anyone sing to you?
Hmmm...not that I can think of. My hubby has a great voice and plays the guitar so I need to work on getting him to sing to me in '09!
25. Did you sing to anyone?
Lots of singing to Deckers.
26.Did anyone tell you they loved you?
Yes...I'm blessed by my family and friends.
27. Did you ever go to the hospital?
Yes...my dad had a (not so) little pancreas incident and we were at the hospital for the birth of my son.
28. What did you drink and eat the most?
I definitely abuse a little drink called Diet Mountain Dew. Yikes...it's a true addiction. Since we've had a baby that drinks over $70 of formula a week we eat a lot of cheap/easy foods: toast, PBJs, noodles and baked potatoes. (please refer to the expanding waistline answer above)
28. Did you vote?
Absolutely!! I was definitely tied up in this election more than any others.
29. Are you going to make a new years resolution?
Yes. I'd like to work on the fatness, organize my house better. cook more at home, balance working part time and trying to earn a good income (I'm full commission sales), etc...
30. How do you feel, another year has passed you by?
Here are some pics of my sick son I took tonight. He just can't stop being constantly cute...even with a runny nose and cough.