1.06.2011

It was inevitable...

Mr. Daredevil was destined to have stitches at some point. The fact we made it to 28 months+ is pretty amazing. He's the kid that makes you hold your breath all day long- completely reckless. 

My first thought when I look at this- besides how adorable my son is? That iodine and blood soaked hair that I can't wash until Saturday. Yuck.
 Declan was wearing his ONLY white shirt today- an adorable gift he got for Christmas. It tells so much- sucker juice (that's what I decided to call the spit/sucker drippy gunk), Diego reward stickers for being such a big boy and blood of course. 

Funny sucker note- I do not give Declan suckers. I'm scared the ball part will pop off and choke him and I hate the sucker juice. After the nurse put on stinging liodocaine gel she gave him a sucker. He turned his tears right off and told her "I love suckers!" What? Who's slipping my kid suckers behind my back?!
 Such a sweet, tough guy! His pain tolerance will really pay off when he's a sports star, I'm convinced! :)

8 comments:

Jess said...

Awww, poor buddy! What a big boy, though!

DannieA said...

Poor baby! How many stitches?

I remember getting hit during recess with a flying baseball bat and it seemed like so much blood for only 5 stitches.

I hope he feels better and I hope your heart rate is back sown.

Simply Complex said...

Say Wha??? You didn't tell us curious minds what happened to score him those loverly war would stories. Do tell...

Dr. Gus said...

Grandma & Grandpa H love you Declan and we are so glad you are all stitched up and smiling:) You are a sweetie but slow down a little please. I know that probably isn't going to happen but........

Sarah M said...

oh no! Poor little dude.

Sarah M

Rebekah said...

"I love suckers!" TOO FUNNY! :)

I think a lot of great qualities come with that feisty, independent streak that Declan seems to have!

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, Ty doesn't have an adventurous bone in his body. He's so sensitive and tender - he cries if I look at him the wrong way. He'd be a blubbery mess if I had to take him in for stitches!

I hope D-Man heals up quickly. Just think of all the stories you'll have to tell... :)

happymomof4 said...

I have a little boy just like him!! Surprisingly he made it 3 yrs before his first set up stitches! He was at the zoo playground, going too fast up the stairs and ended up cutting his eye just below his eyebrow on the step- and you are right so much blood for 5 stitches!!! Hope he heals up well:) Gotta love our active little boys!!

G. Twilley said...

Hi; found your blog through Corrin's Reflections post. These are great pics! Thanks for sharing!