6.07.2011

Be still my heart.

My sweet baby is a little boy.
There is no denying it. 
He is fiercely independent (I hear "it's Deck-an's turn" all.day.long)

It was time.
Time for the big boy bed! *Breath*
Trust me. We put it off as long as we can. The last few weeks he's flip-floped in his crib for an hour before falling asleep and for awhile when waking up in the morning. We felt he was getting more and more uncomfortable. But- we loved the tented crib. He's safe, secure and contained. :)
Containment no more. The bed replaced the crib and Declan is in L-O-V-E. 
I had a cute, modern theme picked out but my sports loving almost-3-year-old wanted sports, sports and more sports! Shocking, I know. I kept an eye on Craigslist and found a Pottery.Barn quit and sham for about 75% off of what PB charges. It's uber adorable and not too "themey" thankfully. 

Night #1 was very anti-climatic. Declan immediately ditched our one-on-one time in the rocking chair where we sing and pray and cuddle. Nope, no more mommy time...he wanted to go straight to bed. *tears, sniff, tears*

AND...
He went right to sleep! What the heck? What happened to all the horror stories of putting the kid to bed 110 times the first night? We dodged that bullet. I'm anxious to see if he sleeps in like normal and if he naps. If we can hit those 2 nails on the head, we'll feel that the mission big boy bed was a success!! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY Decs!

BrandiH said...

I'm glad the first night went well! I'm sooo not ready to make the switch yet.

Deb said...

That's what happened with Isabel too. She loved her big girl bed. She's since learned that she likes to get up but that's another story.
He looks so tiny and clearly loves it.

Sam said...

Ukulele is still in her crib... I'm holding out as long as I can! I'm terrified she'll start cruising around the house all hours of the night. Ugh.

happymomof4 said...

YAY!! What a big boy! ((HUGS)) for mom and dad, I know how tough it is, they just grow up way too fast!

Ann said...

Awwwww, sweet boy. Big hugs for mama!

Rebekah said...

Love it!! Ty has never gotten out of his big boy bed either. Transition was so smooth we hardly even noticed a difference!