8.17.2011

Mmmm, mmmm, good.

In January I began a healthy eating overhaul that has been the toughest but most rewarding journey. I'm phasing out to a less strict but still mindful way of eating and am developing some faves. On the mornings I run (I'm training for a 5k, Lord help me) I like this hearty breakfast:
I take a whole wheat English muffin (my fave is Trader.Joe's) and put it open faced with a fried egg and lean Canadian bacon on top. Pair with a side of fruit and I'm ready to burn some calories running!
Have you made my favorite chicken tacos? If not, you should. They're redonk. Ditch the tortilla (who needs carbs for dinner anyways?!) add a little avocado (alert: they are uber pricey these day) and you have a finger licking, tummy pleasing meal. 

I have an honorable picture-less mention. The mornings I go to work I make a little parfait to die for. Super simple...just put a cup of Greek yogurt in the bottom of a plastic container. Add 1/2 cup of granola (TJ's pecan maple...mmmm) and a 1/2 cup of fruit. I lurve raspberries and blueberries these days. The drive to work softens the granola perfectly - not too crunchy, not too soft. 

Enjoy. Guiltlessly. 

1 comment:

BrandiH said...

OMG those muffins might just make me have to go get some breakfast!