1.27.2012

Big Dreams

Today I have been dreaming about all that this year could hold. 
At the tip top of the list is expanding our family. As we hit 9 months of actively waiting (cue cricket chirps) I have renewed hope that God still has huge plans for us and I'm excited to see those play out.

We are sooooo very pumped to being close to being debt free. In our nearly 9 year marriage, we've always had debt. After we pay that last loan payment, I want to start an "international adoption" savings account STAT. I'd also like to go back to cash envelopes (Dave Ramsey style) to be better stewards of what we make.

My photography business really took off last year. What an unexpected blessing! Photography is my fun hobby so for it to be a profitable side business, it's a huge bonus. I put most my proceeds toward equipment or debt payoff so, in 2012, we want to set this money aside for DISNEY. Late Fall maybe? Of course Disney with a newborn won't be happening so we'll just have to see where this goes.

Last year was the start of me finally taking control of my health. Weight loss feels like it will be a forever battle but this year I want to push myself to continue to invest in a healthy lifestyle. I'm on a post Vegas detox (super restricted eating) but I plan on transitioning to a more balanced way of eating next week because I start training for the Lincoln Half Marathon. I got bit by the crazy-you-have-no-idea-what-you're-getting-in-to bug and signed up for it and have regretted it ever since. BUT, it's a new huuuge challenge that I'm up for. I think. Maybe.

I have so many more goals and dreams floating around in my head. Doesn't 2012 just feel like it's going to be a good one?


5 comments:

Bri said...

A little note on Disney... I wanted to spend my 30th birthday (the weekend before christmas) at Disneyland. We ended up changins our plans because that weekend was the busiest weekend of the year. We ended up going the weekend before halloween. As it turns out, Raegan was born the first day we were actualy at Disneyland and came home the weekend of my birthday. So, I highly recommend planning a disney trip! :)

Maya's Musings said...

We are 8 weeks from being debt free!!! I feel ya! We are also going to be saving for a Disney trip, not sure if Dave Ramsey would agree but we also want to adopt again this year and our daughter turns 7, so Disney just sounds like a great vacay before a new baby arrives in our lives :)

Yay for 2012!!!

Simply Complex said...

Yay for you. All of those things sound spectacular! I keep thinking about you guys and keep hoping that you will get another babe soon. It's so great to have giggles from more than one little in the house.

emily said...

I love a good plan! And it sounds like you got a good one! I think of you often, and pray for your phone to ring and deliver some well wished for and desires of your heart news! Here's to 2012. Start running sister :)

k said...

Ashley,
I just wanted to let you know 2 things. 1- I love your blog. A lot. Your family is adorable and I love reading it. 2- Because I love it so much, I just nominated you for the Liebster blog award. (http://100letterstoyou.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog-award.html) If you don't participate in blog awards, that's okay. I just wanted you to know :)
-K