8.11.2008

Best finds...

Ok, if you know me personally, you will know that I'm a huge 'craigslist' fan. If you are living under a rock (just kidding) and haven't heard of it, craigslist is a free site where you buy/sell items. We've sold our couches, our old t.v., etc. My absolute all time favorite purchase was a high end dishwasher that was only 2 years old that we bought uber cheap. My dishes have never sparkled so much! I've also found some fabulous baby stuff!! Here are my favorite finds:

Our blue Bumbo. These retail for $39.99 and I picked this one up for $15. It was used ONCE and the seller's son's legs were too chubby and it didn't work for them.




  Our aqua Combi (very similar to a Pack n Play). It is not even a year old and has great features like a changing table, bassinet, lights, sounds, vibrating thingy. :) They retail for $119.99 and I bought it for $50.00. It was very gently used.





I also found a Moby Wrap used only a couple of times. This pic is from the website but the one I bought was black. I got it for $20 and they retail for $39.99.  I'm excited to explore the world of baby wearing. I think the bonding will be great and so will the convenience of not needing to always push around a stroller.

I also have drawers of very gently used clothes in small sizes (to tide us over until baby shower time) in name brands that I got for 75% or more off of what you'd pay in stores. Our little guy will look cute rocking his Carters and GAP clothes that I got a steal on. :) We're slowing getting more and more prepared and can't wait to meet our son! Keep praying for birth mom and dad and their hard days to come. 

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Great finds! I want a mobi wrap too!

ms. c said...

Wonderful finds! You will LOVE the moby wrap when the baby is little- it's so comfy and easy and natural. My parents have a pack and play and it's great for the baby.

As for the bumbo, we (yes all 3 of us!) love it. The baby won't be able to use it until about 3 months. Also, I can't imagine how big the previous owner's baby's legs were! My son has HUGE thighs and he fits in it fine (though it's a bit tricky lifting him out!)

Thanks for visiting my blog and letting me know you're here! I'll be back, I'm so excited to hear about your arrival!!

Debbie B said...

Great finds. We are using the Bumbo seat with our daughter right now. She loves it. I think she feels like a big girl in it.

Rebekah said...

I LIVE for craigslist. I think I might be addicted...seriously. I have bought and sold so many things! I even go to the extent of picking trash and THEN selling...okay enough airing of my dirty laundry :)

Everything you got is so cute! I too want to use a wrap. I heard they're especially nice for adopting families, for bonding purposes. I'm hoping to wear one even around the house, when our baby is a newborn. Nice find!

Kristin said...

You rock! I think I'm gonna have to take part in this great site as I get rid of some of my old house stuff to get new stuff for my new house! Yippee! :)

BrandiH2007 said...

Wowo, what great finds. I love that pack n play.

BecMama said...

Yay for Craigslist. We used it alot in Boston and are so glad Nebraskans are catching on! You'll love your Moby. We have a red one and it is fabulous. Evan has loved it since day one. I ordered mine online, but just saw that they sell them at Target now. So excited for you friend.

Hannah said...

What's a Bumbo?

Ashley, this is all really exciting! You'll be a great momma when the time comes. Prayers with you and the birth parents in the next weeks.