8.12.2008

Nursery update

At my sister-in-law's prompting, I'm posting some updated photos of our nursery. Sheets and clothes are washed and we're practically ready to go. You might notice I ditched the bumper in the crib. Nana (my mom) is a home health care nurse (who works with moms and newborn babies) and encouraged us to get rid of it due to SIDS risk.  

Here is our changing area (re-finished dresser from craigslist..where else?), Pier 1 lamp from master bedroom.


Another re-located item- a chair from Pier 1 that was in our office. I hope I won't regret not getting a rocker. We're still in the market for an ottoman or something.


Our modern and simple crib area. The tree and birds are from Single Stone Studios. I will shamelessly promote them because they have really cool decals and even better customer service (I decided on a whim that I wanted 2 bird colors, and they accommodated by shipping off exactly what I asked for). Once this nursery planning madness is over, I will be re-ordering more. I'm a total wall decal fan!


I do need some advice!! Should we ditch our mobile? Do babies really like them? It sort of drives me nuts. It's cute, but it messes with my clean, simple theme for the room. I'm weird, I know. Tell me what you think! Here is the same shot as before with the mobile:

15 comments:

Tracey said...

Personally I like the mobile! I love the decal too! I need to find a small lamp.

Unknown said...

The room looks great!

How are Jack and Sophie doing with it?

Rebekah said...

The room is so chic. I love it! You also crack me up because we're so much alike! I don't like anything messing up my design either! I like it without the mobile....sorry, baby (do they really use them?)!

jess hustad said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Thanks for listening to me! LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

You will quickly realize that you do WHATEVER it takes to make the baby happy! LOL! So, my vote is to keep the mobile. It is good to give them some color stimulation from the start.

Anonymous said...

I had a matching mobile for our son. Yes, he liked it. It only played music, nothing else fancy like the other ones. I just had a garage sale a few weeks ago and a friend was selling her mobile. It was one of the light up-spin around- project lights on the ceiling- remote control- fancy-dancy-cool ones. I bought it from her. I couldn't resist. It is like ocean theme and totally not our STYLE for our room , but I think the baby would love it. (What baby? I'm not currently having one, or getting one.. what ever you want to call it).
The real reason for my comment is that in my opinion, you need a rocker. I loved the time I spent rocking, singing, feeding, staring, and thinking with my sweet little boy. My hubby and I talk about how we miss the days when we would rock and cuddle him there. The rocker has long since been replaced by a train table!
amber @ www.freewebs.com/thedyerbaby

Christy said...

Cool room! It looks great! Get a rocker if you can. It will be a lifesaver in the middle of the night. And, my son LOVED his mobile once he was a few months old. He's 2 now and we still have the music box part of it on the side of his bed because he likes to play the music. Just a couple of thoughts. Can't wait for your little guy to arrive!

Deb said...

Look sgreat. Keep the mobile. We didn't have one and I wish we did. They only need it for a short time and it will help.

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Brandi* said...

The mobile deffinitely helps with stimulation and many babies stare at them while falling asleep. I say keep it. I love the design and I totally bookmarked the decal site. I love it, Thanks!

Melba said...

Beautiful room! My thoughts are also in favor of keeping the mobile, at least until you meet your baby and know what he or she does/doesn't like. I've actually never known a baby who didn't like music though so...I'd keep it for sure. :)

Melba

nickoletta100 said...

Love the room, so stylish!
Definitely keep the mobile or put it back up around 6 weeks. Kacey loves hers and will lay in the crib for 45 minutes staring and talking to it. When it stops she will grunt and make noises and when you wind it up again she coos and gets excited.

Kristin said...

So adorable! I'm going to get some decals for our new place too! I didn't have a mobile for Ryan...he played with something like it when awake in the living room. But then he learned to fall asleep without it. Also, I had a wood rocker but didn't use it because I wanted to be out in the living room for feeding during the day, I guess I used it at night. He doesn't require rocking to fall asleep now either but that wasn't planned either. :) You can always take the mobile down or put it up later?

Shauna said...

i vote for the mobile

Beck said...

A-freakin-mazing! LOVE THE ROOM! I can't wait to see it in person. Perhaps over Thanksgiving weekend? We'll be in town for a short time but I'd love to see you!