3.04.2011

Five Question Friday


1. Have you ever forgotten your child in a store or at school? No I haven't! I still strap Declan in to the cart. We got a monkey backpack leash and I'm not humble enough to use it in public (though I believe they were created for kids like Decs...just like the crib tents were). 

2. Where did you go on your very first date? (Like...first first, not first with your spouse or current significant other!) My memory is not fabulous so I am going to talk about my first date with my husband. I was a senior in high school and  we went to my school's "homecoming". I use that term loosely because I went to a Christian high school and we didn't have dances. Boo. But, this particular homecoming was out on an acreage. It was a pig roast. No, really, it was. Mark picked me up in his parent's Audi and I realized I must be really nervous because I was sweating soo bad. Like "am I man that just got off the basketball court?" bad. We pulled up at the event and Mark realized he had the heated seats on the entire time! And, it was super hot out too. The date was wonderful once my shirt dried out. ;) My friends loved him and it was history from there!

3. What's your "silly" fear? (We're not talking water and heights.) Honestly, vomiting. It's not that I don't like doing it, I totally and fully fear it. I hate this fear so much but let's just say my anxiety is less when the weather finally gets better (yay Spring) and we can get outside and breath fresh air!

4. Confrontation: do you cause it, deal with is as it comes, or run far far away? I don't mind confrontation. I think it's always better to work through things and communicate. Sometimes I come on too strong because I am confident and okay with confrontation. It's a constant learning process on how to better communicate. 

5. Wood floors or carpet? Wood floors for sho! I love how they look and love how easy they are to clean. Two dogs and a toddler would trash carpet so I don't mind that we have all wood floors.

Check out more Five Question Fridays here.

1 comment:

happymomof4 said...

We have the monkey backpack too for our son and YES I have used it in public. You are so right that these backpack's were created for certain kiddos, I would have never dreamed of buying one and using it with my daughter however my son and daughter are total opposites. When my son wears it in public everyone thinks they are a comedian, I cannot tell you how many times we have heard "Do you know you have a monkey on your back?" UGH! My daughter always ask why do people say that?! LOL! Gotta love children especially our energetic boys:)