3.08.2008

Let the two week wait begin...

It's almost 4:30 in the afternoon and I'm just sitting up for the first time since Mark & I drove home from my IUI this morning. For some reason, I'm in A LOT of discomfort this time around. The only way I can explain how I feel is to think of your worst menstrual cramp and imagine it being constant (if you're a guy, you won't understand at all). The first two hours after the IUI were absolute misery. I couldn't even stand up straight. I'm hoping the cramping will soon end especially because Advil is off limits. Boo! But...if this brings us a blessing (or two, hopefully not more than four) it will all be worth it. :) Mark is taking good care of my every need with no complaining so, for that, I'm really thankful.

I start progesterone and estrogen on Monday. The medications help my lining be nice and thick for the embryo to implant and will help to prevent miscarriage. Gals with PCOS, like myself, have a higher likelihood of miscarriage. I'm happy to put away all the needles but have to laugh that they're just replaced with more drugs. Gotta love fertility treatment. ;)

6 comments:

N7 said...

omgggg I was miserable after my sucessful IUI so let this be a sign! OK lets not analyze and flip- it will make the 2ww take 5 years to pass and it will drive you nuts and a half. But my fingers are crossed SOOOOOO tight for you and no matter what happens- you had 4 good follies and that alone is wonderful so at least you know your body responds to the meds!!!!
GOOD LUCK AND PRAYERS ARE BEING THROWN AT YOU FROM NEW YORK!!!

Sara said...

Love you sweets...praying here too!

Unknown said...

Hi, just stopping by to say good luck with this IUI! I hope your 2WW is fast and successful!

JW Moxie said...

Good luck! I hope that this is THE cycle!

Ellie said...

Hi! You don't know me, but my name is Ellie and I triggered and did my IUI on the exact same days as you. I was one sore lady! Terribly miserable, I can TOTALLY relate! I am still minorly sore today! So I will be following your blog and waiting through these hellish 14 days with you! Oh, and I had 4 follies too! Yea!

Anonymous said...

I am new also and my name is Angela. I also had my IUI on March 8 which was my first IUI. So you can add another that will be waiting with you for the next 2 weeks. Good Luck to you and Ellie!
ab1973@hotmail.com